My stay in Manchester is beginning to feel slightly more permanent with the arrangements for my apartment being finalised. Exactly how long I will be here; I am still not certain, but it is now going to be at least two more months. With the appartement it means I will be able to stay over weekends and therefore get to see more of the city and surrounding areas.
Below are a few of the places I think it would be worth visiting:
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
- Imperial War Museum North (IWMN)
- The John Rylands Library
- People’s History Museum
- Manchester Museum
- The Hidden Gem Church
- Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker
- Manchester Ship Canal
- Bridgewater Canal
- Anderton Boat Lift
- National Waterways Museum
- Standedge Tunnel & Visitors Centre
- Hollingworth Lake Country Park and Visitor Centre
In addition to the above, there are even more ideas in the Manchester Top 5’s.
Are there any great, must see, places I have missed?